Breaking



Monday 13 August 2018

CHALLENGES UNIBEN STUDENTS FACE: SERIES by ABDULLAH JIMOH- A J



EPISODE ONE(01)

Guy, how far!Where you dey go?my room mate and best friend, Fred, asked me. I ignored him and continued packing some textbooks and materials inside my bag. After which, i proceeded to serve beans from the pot.  Beans was our favourite food in the hostel. We would donate money, buy beans and cook it in a big pot.Then the pot of beans would be taken to the center of the room and everybody would gather around with their spoons to eat and dig in while it's still very hot.The more the merrier.
 "Guy, answer me na!Where you dey go?" Fred demanded. "Guy! Calm down! Your blood too dey hot. Chill! I dey go night class," I told him as I started eating the beans with Nadia bread.  "Shuuuu! Make dem leave jacking for you o!Jacko! Jackometer! "Fred hailed me while I laughed. "You wan kill me before my time abi?You want make pepper enter my head abi?My village people send you come meet me dis evening. Better tell dem say you nor meet me for house.  "But guy, on a more serious note, today na Saturday o. Every where go dey one kind some how. Why not read here?" Fred tried to convince me to stay back. "Taaaa! Una nor go let me read. NaTDB I wan do sef. I'll go to basement to read. I told him with confidence. Immediately,  I stood up from the plastic chair where I was eating with them, took my spoon to my corner and kept the relics of my Nadia bread as I grabbed my bag.


 "Guys, na go I dey so o, I told them. "Okay na."
It was around past eight at night, the hall ways were not that noisy  as there was light which made almost everyone to be in their room playing games, ironing for those preparing for Sunday service and others  charging.  I found my way to unit2 entrance of hall4.

I went out of the hostel and started my journey to basement . A journey i shouldn't have embarked on. I should have stayed at my room and read there .I should have listened to my friend that night. I started walking briskly so I could get to Basement on time. Unluckily for me, I was stopped by two guys as I decided to pass through Engineering.  "Guy! Show First!" One of them called out in deep voice.  The mistake I made was turning back to look who was speaking. I could  make out the outline of two people leaning on a wall in a corner. I began to walk fast away from them but they were faster than I am.  They grabbed me roughly and pushed me to the ground. "What' ls the meaning of this?" I asked in fury.

I was replied with a very hot slap that sent me to planet Pluto and back to earth again.

 "If you want this the hard way, we can give it to you. We Can also do this the easy way. Give us your phone, laptop and money and we will let you be.

 I glared at them and replied, Never!
 A punch kissed my face this time around. I groaned in pain.
"Wait o! Guy!Na because we dey follow you yarn English na make you dey prove stubborn. You wan kpoof? The second one demanded in anger as he placed a cold object on my neck.  My goodness! A gun! I began to shake like a leaf in harmattan. I almost urinated in my body. I  brought out my two android phones and the two thousand naira in my wallet. They took it from me and left but not before inflicting pains and injuries on my body. I was left with broken ribs and bleeding lips. I couldn't read that night as I had to hail a cab down to health center to treat my wounds. All these while there was no security and road was dark. From that day onward I vowed never to go read at basement late in the night or alone.

 *THE END.*

*QUESTIONS:*
(01)-  Was it the fault of the students for going to read at basement ?
(02)- Was it the fault of the Management for not providing adequate security at corners of the school and lighting up the schools?
(03)- Was it the fault of the SUG Executives for not speaking for the students safety on campus?
(04)- What solution would you suggest for the eradication of insecurity on  both campus (Ugbowo & Ekenhua)

NB: All entries should be directed to 08182955437 WhatsApp contact. Best five replies will be awarded recharge card of #200. Entries closes 6:30pm, Tuesday, 14th of August.

Brought to you by *ABDULLAH JIMOH - A J*
        Together, let's *SEC* ure our *GEN* eral interest.

© *A J of UNIBEN* ✊🏾

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adbox